Monday, January 21, 2008

Who would have thought...

...that cold weather, a Honda Element, Pennsylvania, 4ds, Sunny D, deer meat, sub zero wind chills, 1 t-bar, 1 double chair lift, 2 trails, and a 300 vertical foot hill with snow could be so much fun? I guess when you throw in three of the most radical mo fo's around (plus me), it becomes a no-brainer...

If you haven't heard or figured it out, The Key Three and Matt (Mascot) made our way to the Tussey/Sawmill race at Sawmill this weekend. It was my first time at Sawmill, and geeeezum crow is that place tiny! 300 vert feet on a good day...two t-bars and a chairlift...probably 6 snow guns...and the most reckless mountain I have ever been to. Between the Ski Patrol almost beheading someone as he came off a blind roller in the middle of a trail, to the groomer that was out grooming an open trail as the public shussed down, and the snowmaker dood that was bombing up the hill on a snow-machine in the middle of the trail, i was moderately fearful for my own safety...The Ski Patrol did serve up some mean Bar-BQ venison though (that doesn't seem legit, but, that place doesn't care...)!

We stayed in Wellsboro Sat night, knocked down some Brass Monkeys and I was asleep by 1030 at the latest haha We left at 4am Saturday morning and I got home at like 930 Sunday night...crazy times for sure.

I haven't quite figured out where the subwoofer is hidden in the Element, but, lordy does that thing bump...har har...junk was cold as anything too - -11 windchill on Sunday. Not too bad if you're moving around, but, when you're standing on the side of the trail, it's not too awesome...anywho...another solid weekend for the books!

God do I need to get back to the Jay Peak story...screw that, I need to get back to Jay Peak...

1 comment:

Chad said...

Another fabulous post.