Thursday, January 8, 2009

B-Squad Squad

So two and three weeks ago I was basically ready to kill myself...it was gonig off in VT and UT and I was trapped in MD...lame. So finally, after the new years eve bash of all bashes, the key three day tripped it up to Jay...it was sick. Not epic, but sick.

Rolled outta the Mid Atlantic around 830...me being hung over still, I decided to nap through legs one and two of the drive. Amanda and Chad plowed through PA, NJ, and NY...what troopers...I put the hammer down on the last leg and got us to the Jay Country Store at 6:30am. Damn did it feel good to be back up there.

Jay was on the rebound from an off week or two and had gotten some snow earlier that week. Obvi prime conditions for b-squads! Three deep, we rolled the squads all day. Props to Amanda for not pussing out :)

Was super pumped - we got to catch up with Dave Coyne, an ol' college pal turned Jay Ski Patroller...errr Snowboard Patroller. Conditions were pretty good...rocked the usual - Beaver Pond, Andres, Sexpo Glade, a bunch of other shit. After striking out in the woods skiiers left of exhibition we busted out onto the trail. Surveying a way down, Amanda just points it off a little 3 or 4 foot rock and stuck it! It was sick and totally unexpected! Chad and I kinda looked at each other in disbelief with shit eating grins tehehe if only I had my camera...amanda's first huck...ahhhh

Nothing super stellar beyond that...so we packed it up and headed south...sigh...

After snagging some pizza in St. J we stopped by Bill at the Rehab center in Ascutney. I've never been so happy to see him in my life...he took a digger off a 35ft ice climb and hit the deck about a month ago...scary shit. He seemed in relatively good spirits, he was heading home in a couple days for a long road of recovery.

After that, we rocked it back to Chad and Amanda's place in good ol' Waynesboro PA to snag a few hours of sleep before shredding it at Liberty all weekend...

No comments: